Sunday, February 23, 2014

Copycat Ikea Vegetable Medallions


Image is the recipe before baked.

For someone who doesn't particularly like baked potatoes, I found myself the night before trash night head in the fridge staring at a bag full of cooked baked potatoes and wondering what to do with them. My conscience would not allow me to throw them away. Then, I remembered the vegetable medallions from Ikea and my Copycat Ikea Vegetable Medallions were born.

Copycat Ikea Vegetable Medallions

Yield 6

1 Cooked baked potato
2 c. Frozen broccoli florets
1/4 c. Chopped onion
1/4 c. Parmesan, shredded or grated
1/4 c. Panko
2 Egg whites
Salt and pepper
1 T Paprika 
1 t. Garlic Powder

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Mash the cooked potato in a large bowl, put to the side. Parboil the brocoli florets, rinse in cold water then chop. Add broccoli to the mashed potato along with all the other ingredients to combine.

Put the mixture inside a 1/4 measuring cup to shape, packing down. Flip over onto a parchment lined cooking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. 

Note: For a finer texture, you can pulse the potato and brocolli in your food processor. Also, if I had leeks on hand I would have added them.




No comments:

Post a Comment